Saturday, June 9, 2012

First Birthday Luau

As I mentioned in my last post, we celebrated my daughter's first birthday party a little early so we could have a party with family and friends before coming out here to Arkansas.  We decided a luau would be cute and with the help of Pinterest, the party turned out great!  Because Pinterest was such a big help, I'll be linking you to the blogs to which these original ideas belong.

Here are a few pictures of the decor:


Balloon Streamers


I really didn't want to give my baby a sugary cake topped off with sugary frosting.  This is an applesauce-sweetened cake with whipped up cream cheese with maybe a tablespoon of powdered sugar for the frosting.  The flowers are actually made out of fruit rolls!


Apple Spice Cake
Fruit Roll Cake Flowers


Here are some pictures of the party girl:

 
YUM!

We had Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner and they were delicious!


After dinner we sang to the princess and let her eat the cake.  I took the flowers off the cake but some of it glued itself on and wouldn't come off.



After picking at it for a minute she dug right in!  She didn't even know the difference without the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment